Latest Adobe Illustrator Interview Questions and Answers
Explain the difference between a Layer and a Group?
Technically there is very less difference between a Layer and a Group. They both create a parent object that may contain one or more child objects. Groups are used to bundle artwork that you want to keep together when scaling or moving. While Layers are normally used for managing visibility and stacking order.
Explain how you can access font stylistic sets in illustrator CS6?
Font stylistic sets in illustrator can vary considerably depending on the Illustrator version. However for CS6,
- First select your text with appropriate font
- Then open the OpenType window by going to WINDOW->TYPE->OPENTYPE
- Here you will account numerous options like “Stylistic Alternates” , “ Contextual Alternates”,
- To view various characters, you might usefully go to WINDOWS>TYPE>GLYPS
Explain how you can add transparency features to your existing diagram in illustrator?
You can add transparency in illustrator by reducing the opacity of objects so that underlying artwork becomes visible. In order to do that
- Go to Window-> Transparency-> This will open up your transparency window, you can lower opacity percentage to 50% to see through the object or your diagram
Explain how to make a template Layer in Adobe Illustrator CS6?
To make a template Layer in Adobe illustrator in CS6, you have to follow these steps
- Save an image or logo and save it in a format that an illustrator can import from your image editing program like PhotoShop. Usually, you save the image as a.tif, an .eps or a native, .psd (Photoshop) file,
- Choose Fileà Place to open the place dialog box
- In the place dialog box, locate the store image, then choose the template check box and tap on place
- Re-create the image by tracing over it with the Pen tool
- When it’s done, turn off the visibility of the placed image by selecting the visibility icon to the left of the template layer
Explain what is the main difference between Adobe illustrator and design?
The main difference between Adobe illustrator and design is that the illustrator is a vector design program while indesign is used for desktop publishing.