Latest Medical Representative Interview Questions and Answers
What are the pros and cons working for a small scale and large scale pharmaceutical company?
- It is easier to shine and advance at small pharmaceutical companies
- Small scale industries become big pharmaceutical companies very rapidly
- Small companies offer stock options as incentive to stay with them long-term
- Often smaller companies are sell out to larger companies, and the original stockholders get wealthy
How would you reach a physician who does not see a representative?
- Try to communicate with their staff (receptionists, medical secretaries, practice nurses, etc.)
- Send him product information and literature through e-mail
- Drop literature regarding product to their clinics
- Invite him to speaker meetings and see him at CME meetings
What do you prefer a long or short sales cycles?
Depending on the situation I would prefer which cycle to opt for, usually a long sales cycle as it gives enough time to know the physician and can spend time educating him about the benefits and uses of the product. However, if the physician is well-informed about the product, then short sales cycles would be more preferable.
Explain as a medical representative what is your selling style to the physician?
- Be clear and precise about your product
- Use Pictures, Illustrations and Drawing and if possible use PowerPoint Presentation to show product
- Support your argument with evidence like case studies or clinical trial results
- Every drug has advantages and disadvantages- do not hide any information about product
- Maintain constant communication with the physician
- Build relationship with physician and staff
What is your pre-call planning to a chemist?
- When did the distributor deliver the last order to the chemist
- What is the distributor frequency of visit
- What category of your drugs is the prime focus of his purchase and in what quantities
- Would you like to inform the pharmacy staff about a new drug launch
- Do you have any question about generic substitutions
Explain how should a sales call of a representative should end?
A sales call of a med representative does not end like that or normal sales call. Instead it sounds like offering an option like
- Trial usage
- Repeat prescription
- Continued usage
- Extended usage
- Expanded usage
Once the client or physician identifies it requirement, it will choose one of this option.
What is meaning of Marketing Mix?
Marketing mix refers to the set of actions, tactics which a company uses to promote its product or brand is referred as Marketing Mix.
What is the role of a Product Manager?
The role of a Product Manager is
- Market Analysis
- Segment Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- Qualitative and Quantitative research
- Planning and Preparing the marketing mix
- Delivering the marketing mix
What do you find most re-warding about being a med representative?
The most re-warding about being med sales representative is satisfaction of helping patients and becoming a medium of providing them a lifesaving medication. Apart from that you help physician to make the right decision about the product and nevertheless you get an opportunity to see many people throughout the day.