Latest Oracle 11g Interview Questions and Answers
What is Oracle Identity Federation?
Oracle Identity Federation is a complete, enterprise-level and carrier-grade solution for secure identity information exchange between partners. With OIF organizations can do more business online by allowing their business partners secure access to protected applications.
OIF significantly reduces the need to create and manage unnecessary identities in an enterprise directory and lowers the ongoing costs of partner integrations through support of industry federation standards. Oracle Identity Federation protects existing IT investments by integrating with a wide variety of data stores, user directories, authentication providers and applications.
What are the benefits of this version?
Oracle Identity Federation 11g delivers the industry’s most comprehensive implementation of federation standards delivered via Oracle Universal Federation Framework – unified, extensible and customizable architecture for rapid deployment in any multi-vendor environment.
OIF is the only federation solution on the market that comes deployed on a complimentary Oracle WebLogic – best-of-breed application server container in a default configuration.
Additionally, OIF 11g is the only federation solution on the market that comes with complimentary enterprise-class tools for monitoring, auditing and reporting in a default configuration. Oracle Identity Federation 11g helps customers to quickly achieve cross-domain SSO by providing a complete end-to-end federation deployment package, including a simple and lightweight deployment option for Service Providers – Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet.
What are the key new features?
– Multiple federation protocols in a unified, extensible and customizable architecture delivered via Oracle Universal Federation Framework (OUFF)
– Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet – simple, lightweight SAML 2.0 component for Service Providers
– OpenID 2.0 support
– OOTB integration modules for multiple authentication providers (including Infocard, OAM, OSSO, etc.)
– Advanced support for authentication mechanisms
– Support for Oracle WebLogic Server
– Single systems management and administration UI interface
– Enterprise-ready operational management and monitoring delivered via integration with Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control
– Centralized Fusion Middleware logging, auditing, and reporting
– Unified Identity Management installer
Who should upgrade to 11g?
– Customers who wish to take advantage of 11g’s new unified Oracle Universal Federation Framework
– Customers who wish take advantage of complimentary enterprise-class tools for system management, monitoring, auditing and reporting
– Customers who want to rapidly SSO-enable their federation partners using OpenSSO Fedlet
– Customers looking to accept identity from leading OpenID providers (Google, Yahoo, etc.) or interested in becoming an OpenID provider
– Customers who prefer to deploy OIF on best-of-breed Oracle WebLogic Server Platform
Are 10g customers required to upgrade?
Current OIF customers are not required to upgrade to 11g immediately.
Is it possible to upgrade from 10g to 11g?
Yes – the 11g installer automates the upgrade process from 10g to 11g.
Does Oracle Identity Federation work with 10g version of Oracle Access Manager?
Yes – OIF 11g can work with both 10g and 11g versions of OAM.
Can Oracle Identity Federation 10g run on Oracle WebLogic Server?
No – Customers who wish to deploy OIF on Oracle WebLogic Server, need to upgrade to 11g version.
Can Enterprise Manager be used to manage older versions of OIF?
No – Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control can only be used to manage OIF 11g.
Oracle Identity Federation and Oracle OpenSSO offer similar benefits. What technology should I choose?
Oracle Identity Federation continues as Oracle’s strategic federation product.
What is Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet?
Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet (Fedlet) is feature of OIF 11g. It is a compact, easy to deploy SAMLv2 Service Provider implementation. It includes a small software package and a simple file-based configuration, embeddable into a Service Provider’s Java EE or .NET application. Fedlet establishes SSO between an Identity Provider and a Service Provider without requiring a fully featured federation product on the Service Provider side. Deploying Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet does not require extensive knowledge of SAML.
Who can use Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet?
Fedlet is available to OIF 11g customers. OIF 11g customers can also distribute Fedlet to their partner’s organizations.
Can Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet be used with 10g version of OIF?
No – Customers who wish to distribute Fedlet to their federation partners need to upgrade to OIF 11g.