Latest SAP PP Interview Questions and Answers
What is SAP PP?
SAP PP process is related to production planning of a company and it encompasses all activities like MRP (Material Requirement Planning), BOM (Bills Of Material), Routing, Capacity planning, etc. but mainly it contains two segments
- Material Planning: Material requirements planning, long term planning,
- Execution Planning: Creation of production order, workflow, conformations, technical completion and good movement
What are the production process in SAP?
There are three types of production process in SAP
- Discrete Manufacturing
- Repetitive Manufacturing
- Production- Process Industries
List out the activities carried out in Production Planning?
Activities involved in Production Planning includes
- Processing material master
- Creation of Bill of Material
- Displaying work center and routing
- Maintaining planning calendar
- Maintaining production lot
- Maintaining quota file
- Defining range of coverage profile and profile for safety time
- Defining MRP views
What is Routing in SAP PP?
Routing in SAP PP is referred to a list of activities which are required to produce any material. For example, when you do cost estimation for the material, the system triggers the relevant routing and activity rates for all those described in routing. Which will helpful to calculate the processing cost in product costing.
What are the steps of Production Execution Process?
Production Execution steps include
- Converting planned order to production order
- Releasing the production order
- Goods issue for production order
- Confirmation of production order
- Goods receipt against production order
What are the reports generated in product cost controlling information system?
Product Cost Controlling information system generates information for following areas
- Product cost planning
- Cost object controlling with the subcomponents
- Product cost by period
- Product cost by order
- Product cost by sales order
- Costs for intangible goods and services
- Actual costing / Material Ledger
What is “work center” in SAP PP and what is the use of Data in Work Centers?
“Work Centers” are business objects in SAP-PP that is used in task list operations ( routings, maintenance task lists, inspection plans) and work orders.
Data in work center is used for
- Scheduling: Formulas and operating time are entered, so that the duration of an operation can be calculated
- Costing: Formulas are entered so that the costs of an operation can be calculated
- Capacity Planning: The available capacity and formulas for capacity requirements is entered
- Simplifying operation maintenance: Various default values can be included in the work center
What is the use of MRP PP evaluations?
This role contains a function for evaluating the MRP result. This function can be used to find information about the availability of material and to identify any material shortage situation.
What is the purpose of using Capacity Planning?
Capacity Planning supports planning in all phases
- Long term rough cut planning
- Medium term planning
- Short term planning
It can be integrated with various SAP applications like SAP-SD, PP, PP-SOP, PP-LTP, PP-SFC, etc.
Explain how can you create production order without routing and BOM?
Without BOM and routing you can create a production order by changing the config in OPL8 ( order type dependent parameters) as routing optional. When we try to create an order using C001 it may ask for a sales order.
What happens to planned after it has been converted into production order?
When planned order is converted to the production order, the planned order are offset by production order. The planned order reference can be seen in the production order.
What is the difference between stock transport order and stock transfer order?
- Stock transfer order: It is referred to the transfer of stock for the usage in the same company
- Stock transport order: It is referred to the change of title of stock in the name of the buyer
What is PRT (Production Resource Tools) in SAP PP?
PRT (Production Resource Tools) are moveable operating objects used to perform repeated activities in plant or production maintenance, for example, documents such as drawings or programs for which document management functions are used. Various other PRT components include
- Engineering drawings
- Measurement Instruments