Latest SAP SD Interview Questions and Answers
Explain what is SAP Posting Period? What is the transaction code to open and close posting period?
SAP posting period is to make sure that posting period for the business sales order is aligned with financial posting date, which means when financial accounting is ready for closing and proceed with the payment.
The transaction code to open and close posting period is S_alr_87003642
Explain what Copy control is and when Copy Control transition can be done? In what manner Copy Control transition can be done?
In SAP SD, the process of copying data from the source document to the target document is done by Copy Controls. They consist of program referred as routing that determines how the system will transfer the data. Copy control could be useful for the end users who don’t want to repeat the control parameters from order- to delivery- and then billing.
Copy control can be done in following manner:
• Sales document by sales document
• Billing document by sales document
• Sales document by delivery
• Sales document by billing document
• Delivery by billing document
What are the three levels that copy controls are set up? And what are the transaction codes through which it could be done?
At three levels of sales order copy controls are set up Header level, Item level and Schedule line level.
• VTAA: from sales order to sales order
• VTLA: from sales order to delivery
• VTAF: from the billing document to sales order
• VTFA: from sales order to billing document
• VTFL: from delivery to billing document
• VTFF: from the billing document to billing document
Explain how you can include condition type in the pricing procedure?
To include condition type in the pricing procedure, you have to follow the pathway
Basic Functions >Pricing >Pricing Control >Define and Assign pricing procedure and then select “ Maintain pricing procedures” after that select pricing procedure and then “Control Data” and add your condition type to the pricing system.
Explain what is Proforma Invoice and what are the types of it?
Proforma invoice is a reference doc for import and export negotiations. The standard proforma invoice doc types are
• With reference to order – F5
• With reference to delivery- F8
Mention the transaction code used to create a return delivery?
Transaction code is used to create a return delivery is T/C VA01 with standard order type RE, while return delivery is T/C VL01 with return delivery doctype LR
Mention what are the two places where you need to configure CIN (Country Version India)?
The two places where you have to configure CIN is Financial Accounting > Tax on sale and purchase, and other is Logistic General -> Tax on Goods Movement
Explain what is the difference between rush order and cash sales?
• Rush Order: Order delivery will be done on the same day while billing will be done later
• Cash Sale: Billing and order delivery will be done on the same day
List out the five features you can control for the sale document type?
For sale document type the five features you can control is
Mention what are the techniques available in delivery Scheduling?
The techniques available in delivery Scheduling are
• Backward Scdg: The system calculates requested delivery date
• Forward Scheduling: The system calculates the earliest possible date based on the material available date