Most Asked Agile Testing Interview Questions and Answers
What is story points/efforts/ scales?
It is used to discuss the difficulty of the story without assigning actual hours. The most common scale used is a Fibonacci sequence ( 1,2,3,5,8,13,….100) although some teams use linear scale (1,2,3,4….), Powers of 2 (1,2,4,8……) and cloth size (XS, S ,M,L, XL)
Explain what is tracer bullet?
The tracer bullet is a spike with the current architecture, the current set of best practices, current technology set which results in production quality code. It is not a throw away code but might just be a narrow implementation of the functionality.
What is a test stub?
A test stub is a small code that replaces an undeveloped or fully developed component within a system being tested. Test stub is designed in such a way that it mimics the actual component by generating specifically known outputs and substitute the actual component.
What are the differences between RUP (Rational Unified Process) and Scrum methodologies?
|– Formal Cycle is defined across four phases, but some workflows can be concurrent||– Each sprint is a complete cycle|
|– Formal project plan, associated with multiple iterations is used.||– No end to end project plan. Each next iteration plan is determined at the end of the current iteration|
|– Scope is predefined ahead of the project start and documented in the scope document. During the project, scope can be revised.||– It uses a project backlog instead of scope scrum|
|– Artifacts include Scope Document, formal functional requirements package, system architecture document, development plan, test scripts, etc.||– Operational software is the only formal artifacts|
|– Recommended for long term, large, enterprise level projects with medium to high complexity||– Recommended for quick enhancements and organization that are not dependent on a deadline|
Why Continuous Integration is important for Agile?
Continuous Integration is important for Agile for following reasons
- It helps to maintain release schedule on time by detecting bugs or integration errors
- Due to frequent agile code delivery usually every sprint of 2-3 weeks, stable quality of build is a must and continuous integration ensures that
- In helps to maintain the quality and bug free state of code-base
- Continuous integration helps to check the impact of work on branches to the main trunk if development work is going on branches using automatic building and merging function
What testing is done during Agile?
The primary testing activities during Agile is automated unit testing and exploratory testing.
Though, depending on project requirements, a tester may execute Functional and Non-functional tests on the Application Under Test (AUT).
Explain what is Velocity in Agile?
Velocity is a metric that is calculated by addition of all efforts estimates related with user stories completed in an iteration. It figures out how much work Agile can complete in a sprint and how much time will it need to finish a project.
What are the qualities of a good Agile tester should have?
A good Agile tester should have following qualities
- It should be able to understand the requirements quickly
- Agile tester should know Agile principals and concepts well
- As requirements keep changing, tester should understand the risk involve in it
- Based on the requirements Agile tester should be able to prioritize the work
- Continue communication between business associates, developers and tester is must
Who are all involved in the Agile team?
In agile the two main leads are
- Scrum Masters: It coordinates most of the inputs and outputs required for an agile program
- Development Managers: They hire right people and develop them with the team
Mention in detail what are the role’s of Scrum Master?
Scrum Master key responsibilities involves
- Understand the requirements and turn them into working software
- Monitoring and Tracking
- Reporting and Communication
- Process Check Master
- Quality Master
- Resolve Impediments
- Resolve Conflicts
- Shield the team and performance feedback
- Lead all the meetings and resolve obstacles