Most Asked DataStage Interview Questions and Answers
What is orabulk Stage?
This Stage is used to Bulk Load the Oracle Target Database.
What is the difference between local and shared container?
Local Container is local to the particular job in which we developed the container.
Shared Container is can be used in any other jobs also.
What is container?
Containers are the reusable set of stages.
What are the advantages of data warehousing?
A data warehousing strategy provides the following advantages :
* Capitalizes on the potential value of the organization’s information.
* Improves the quality and accessibility of data.
* Combines valuable archive data with the latest data in operational sources.
* Increases the amount of information available to users.
* Reduces the requirement of users to access operational data.
* Reduces the strain on IT departments, as they can produce one database to serve all user groups.
* Allows new reports and studies to be introduced without disrupting operational systems.
* Promotes users to be self sufficient.
What is fact table?
The chief feature of a star schema is the table at the center, called the fact table.
What is datastage server?
Runs executable jobs that extract, transform, and load data into a data warehouse.
What is repository?
A central store that contains all the information required to build a data mart or data warehouse.
What is datastage administrator?
A user interface used to set up DataStage users, create and move projects, and set up purging criteria.
What is datastage manager?
A user interface used to view and edit the contents of the repository.
What is datastage designer?
A design interface used to create DataStage applications (known as jobs). Each job specifies the data sources, the transforms required, and the destination of the data. Jobs are compiled to create executables that are scheduled by the Director and run by the Server.
What is merge stage?
The Merge stage combines a sorted master data set with one or more sorted update data sets. The columns from the records in the master and update data sets are merged so that the output record contains all the columns from the master record plus any additional columns from each update record.
How do u convert the columns to rows in DataStage?
Using Pivot Stage.
What are Routines?
Routines are the functions which we develop in BASIC Code for required tasks, which we DS is not fully supported (Complex).
What is staging variable?
These are the temporary variables created in transformer for calculation.
What is hash file stage?
Hash file stage is binary file used for lookup, for better performance.