Most Asked Drupal Interview Questions and Answers
What is Drupal?
Drupal is a Content Management System (CMS). It’s an open source content and free CMS framework written in PHP. It enables you to organize, manage and publish content with ease and comes with a variety of customization option.
Why Drupal is considered powerful CMS compare to other CMS system?
Using content construction kit Drupal allows you to create multiple content types without any programming skills. And for each content type it allows customize theme template. You can have an article, story, slideshow, content type and so on.
What are the key features of Drupal?
There are two key features of Drupal
- Upload Module: It enables users to attach different types of files to node types of your liking.
- Embedding: It enables to embed media within nodes that are hosted on your websites.
How caching work in Drupal?
Through caching Drupal allows to speed up website using different configuration like page caching, block caching and lifetime for cached pages.
- Page Caching: It enables the entire HTML of each page to be stored in the database. It reduces the amount of queries needed
- Block Caching: You can set the cache setting for a block in views, when block created by views
- Minimum cache lifetime: It is the amount of time before the page cache is cleared. On each cron run, page caches are cleared.
- Expiration of cached pages: It only applies for an external mechanism, for example, your browser
What is a patch?
A patch is a file that contains a list of differences between one set of files, and another. Through patches, all the changes in code like additions or deletions to Drupal core can be made. Also, patches can be used to make changes to another copy of the original or main file.
What do PDO mean?
PDO means PHP Data Object; it is a lean and consistent way to access databases. It allows developers to write portable code with ease.
How database system of Drupal works?
In a database Drupal stores information, and each information has its own database table. For example, the basic information regarding the nodes of your site are stored and kept in the node table, and if you use the CCK module to add fields to your nodes, the field information is stored in a separate table.
Name some of the most commonly used PHP based CMSs?
Some of the commonly used PHP are
What is DRUSH in Drupal?
DRUSH is a command line shell and UNIX scripting interface for Drupal
What is module in Drupal? List out some of the modules used in Drupal?
Modules are like plugin for your site. It allows you to add different functions to your site such as polls, contact forms and search fields. Some of the modules recommended are
What Drupal distributions is and when to use?
Distributions are full copies of Drupal, which includes Drupal Core, along with additional software as modules, themes, libraries and installation profiles. You can use distributions for
- Evaluating Drupal
- Demoing Drupal
- Learning Drupal
- Quickly binding Site