Most Asked jQuery Interview Questions and Answers
What is the use of each function in jQuery?
Each function is used to iterate each and every element of an object. It is used to loop DOM elements, arrays and the object properties.
What is the difference between size and length of jQuery?
Size and length both returns the number of element in an object. But length is faster than the size because length is a property and size is a method.
Can we add more than one ‘document.ready’ function in a page?
Yes, we can add more than one document.ready function in a page. But, body.onload can be added once in a page.
What is the use of jQuery load method?
jQuery load method is a powerful AJAX method which is used to load the data from a server and assign the data into the element without loading the page.
Whether our own specific characters are used in place of $ in jQuery?
Yes, We can use our own variable in place of $ by using the method called no Conflict () method.
var sample = $.noConflict()
What are the four parameters used for jQuery Ajax method?
The four parameters are
- URL – Need to specify the URL to send the request
- type – Specifies type of request(Get or Post)
- data – Specifies data to be sent to server
- Cache – Whether the browser should cache the requested page
What is the use of jQuery filter?
The jQuery filter is used to filter the certain values from the object list based on the criteria. Example is to filter certain products from the master list of products in a cart website.
Which program is useful for testing jQuery?
QUnit is used to test jQuery and it is very easy and efficient.
What is CDN?
CDN is abbreviated as Content Distribution network and it is said to be a group of companies in different location with network containing copies of data files to maximize bandwidth in accessing the data.
What are the two types of CDNs?
There are two types of CDNs:
- Microsoft – Load jQuery from Ajax CDN
- Google – Load jQuery from Google libraries API
Which sign is used as a shortcut for jQuery?
Dollar ($) sign is used as a shortcut for jQuery.
Is jQuery is a client or server scripting?
jQuery is a client scripting.
What is the script build up by jQuery?
How can we debug jQuery?
There are two ways to debug jQuery:
- Add the debugger to the line from where we have to start debugging and then run Visual Studio in Debug mode with F5 function key.
- Insert a break point after attaching the process
What are all the ways to include jQuery in a page?
Following are the ways to include jQuery in a page:
- Local copy inside script tag
- Remote copy of jQuery.com
- Remote copy of Ajax API
- Local copy of script manager control
- Embedded script using client script object
What is the use of jQuery.ajax method ()?
jQuery.ajax method is used for asynchronous HTTP requests.