TOP Oracle 11g Interview Questions and Answers
Can Oracle Virtual Directory Manager 10g be used to manage 11g servers?
No – OVD Manager can only be used to manage 10g servers.
What is MapViewer?
MapViewer is a Java-based visualization tool that is used to render, in map form, location based content and spatial data stored using the spatial feature of Oracle Database. It includes It can also render map and related content from ESRI Shape Files, real-time XML feeds such as GeoRSS, and geographic web services including themes from OpenGeospatial Consortium Web Feature Services.
MapViewer can be used to:
– Create customized maps that show geographic features such as roads, city areas, waterways and other transportation networks.
– Display map themes such as national, state and local boundaries.
– Visualize business data (e.g. population demographics, psychodemo graphics, sales metrics, etc.), to portray and explore relationships that can often best be expressed graphically as geographic maps.
– Complement an applications workflow, providing interaction with mapped data.
– Deliver custom maps over the Internet as a component of JDeveloper or as a standalone tool.
What are the new features in MapViewer 11g?
Among the many new features and capabilities of MapViewer 11g are:
– Certification on WebLogic Server version 10 and 10.3
– Support for Safari desktop browser
– Support for ESRI Shape Files
– Support for Google Map tiles (requires a Google Maps API key)
– Secure map rendering (role based map content display)
– Support for OGC Web Feature Server themes and Annotation Text
– Improved Labeling, text styles, and feature rendering
– PDF output support
– Improved Non Spatial Data Provider and External Spatial Data Provider APIs
How is MapViewer positioned in Fusion Middleware?
Fusion Middleware MapViewer is one of the J2EE components included in all editions of WebLogic Server, Oracle Application Server, JDeveloper/ADF, and TopLink.
Why was MapViewer developed?
MapViewer was developed to simplify the development of applications that render and present location data as part of web, mobile, public sector and business applications. It is currently used by numerous Oracle applications and customer implementations.
How is MapViewer Licensed?
MapViewer is licensed as a feature of the all Fusion Middleware Application Server products (WebLogic Server and Oracle Application Server Editions) as well as the TopLink/ADF Deployment option.
How is MapViewer Delivered?
MapViewer is available for download from OTN and MyOracle Support (formerly Metalink). It will also be packaged on the Oracle Fusion Middleware Companion DVD for deployment in all supported, licensed environments. Supported deployment environments (J2EE servers) include: Oracle Weblogic Server, Oracle Application Server, and standalone OC4J.
What features does MapViewer provide?
MapViewer is a programmable tool for rendering simple maps using spatial data managed by Oracle Spatial and/or Oracle Locator. MapViewer includes components that perform cartographic rendering, interactive scrollable maps, and a map definition tool to manage map metadata and portrayal information.
From which programming languages can the MapViewer API be called?
Can MapViewer be used independently of Oracle Fusion Middleware?
MapViewer is licensed only with Oracle Fusion Middleware product. It requires a J2EE container, JDBC, XML parsers and other components supplied with Oracle Fusion Middleware products. In addition, MapViewer applications can be deployed in any standard J2EE container provided the customer has sufficient licenses of Fusion Middleware products (WebLogic Server, Oracle Application Server, and/or TopLink/ADF Deployment option).