TOP Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers
What is salesforce?
Salesforce is a CRM delivered as a software-as-a-service (SaaS).
What is a custom object in salesforce?
Custom objects are nothing but database tables. It stores data related to your company in Salesforce.com. Once you have defined custom object you can do following things like
- Create custom fields
- Associate the custom object with other records
- In custom related lists, it display the custom object data
- For custom object, records track events and tasks
- Build page layouts
- For the custom object create a custom tab
- To analyze custom object data create dashboards and reports
- Share your custom tabs, custom apps, custom objects and any other related components
What is object relationship overview?
Object relationship overview in Salesforce is used to link custom object records to standard object records in a related list. In simple words, it is helpful to track product defects associated with customer cases. You can define different types of relationship by creating custom relationship fields on an object.
Mention changing what may cause data loss?
Data loss may cause due to following reasons
- Changing data and date-time
- Altering to percent,number and currency from other data types
- Changing from multi-select picklist, checkbox, auto number to other types
- Altering to multi-select picklist from any type except picklist
- Changing to auto-number except from text
- Changing from text-area to e-mail, phone, URL and text
How SaaS can be helpful to Sales force?
- As SaaS is a subscription based, customers can always choose not to renew if they are dissatisfied
- Customers can avoid a large initial investment in an IT infrastructure and day to day hustle of maintaining infrastructure
- SaaS customer provides same provider infrastructure and also easy integration
- SaaS applications use a simple internet interface that makes easier for customer to use.
- SaaS always provide a latest platform to the customer with innovation.
How sales force is useful in tracking sales?
Sales force records all the basic details like the number of customers served daily, daily sales volume, sales manager detailed reports, sales numbers in each month or quarter. Also, it keeps a track on the repeat customer, which is key to success for any sales organization.
Mention how many relationship is included in SFDC and what are they?
There are two types of relationships
- Master detail relationship
- Lookup relationship
What is the difference between isNull and isBlank?
- isNull: It supports for number field
- isBlank: It supports for Text field
What is the trigger?
Trigger is a code that is executed before or after the record is updated or inserted
What is the use of the static resource in Salesforce?
What is the difference between force.com and Salesforce.com?
Force.com is PaaS (Platform as a Service) while Salesforce.com is SaaS ( Software as a Service).
What are the actions available in workflow?
Actions available in workflow are
- Email Alert
- Field Update
- Outbound Message
What is the limit of data.com records that can be added to Salesforce?
User can see their limit form setup, by clicking data.com administration/Users. From the data.com users section, user can see their monthly limit and how many records are exported during the month