TOP SAP PP Interview Questions and Answers
How to create PRT master records?
To create PRT master records you have to follow the following steps
- Choose logistics/Accounting -> Project System -> Basic data -> Master data -> Production resources and tools -> Create
- The initial screen for creating a PRT appears
- Enter a number for the PRT and choose continue
- The basic data screen appears
- Maintain the basic data
- Choose Goto -> Defaults and enter the default values
- Save the PRT
What is the t-code for changing production order and to display production order?
T-code to change the production order = C002
T-code to display the production order = C003
What is PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) in SAP PP and what is the use?
It is a collection of solutions with which you digitally create, maintain and make product information, available in the whole company and for the entire life cycle of the product.
PLM provides you the function with which you do following things
- The workplace is an open portal in the world wide web and allows you to access all application and information that you need to work with all external and internal business partners
- It can link with other internet applications like program management, change and configuration management and engineering collaboration.
In SAP-PP what are the costing parameters?
In SAP-PP, the costing parameters are as below
- Work Center: Activity types and the formulas, cost center
- Routing: The time, activity types
In cost controlling information system mention the fields that are listed in the list screen of the report?
Following fields are listed in the list screen of the report
- Key Figures
- Basic data
- Cost component group 1/ Cost component group 2
- CostCompGr(fix)1 / CostCompGr( fix)2
What is the use of SAP Material View and list out other parameters where SAP Material View is applicable?
SAP Material View is an SAP object that not only hold name of the material, but various other information related to material like
- Material production related information
- Material planning related information
- Material sales related information
- Material purchase related information
- Material storage and warehousing related information
- Material costing and accounting related information
- Material batch specification information
What are the types of Master Views for Production and Planning?
For production and planning types of Master Views are
- SAP MRP1 View
- SAP MRP2 View
- SAP MRP3 View
- SAP MRP4 View
- SAP Work Scheduling View
Mention how MRP (Material Requirement Planning) types are classified?
MRP types are classified in two leagues
- Materials for consumption based planning
- Planning based on demand
What are the keyfields found in MRP View 1?
MRP views 1 are mostly maintained for production purposes.
- General Data
- MRP Procedure
- Lot size data
List out the basic procedure for dispatching operations in capacity leveling?
For dispatch operations basic procedure includes
- Either the user determines the date of dispatch or else it is specified by scheduling
- A dispatching sequence needs to be determined if several operations need to be dispatched
- The systems checks for
- The dates to which operations are to be dispatched
- The work center to which operations are to be dispatched
- Finite scheduling is performed
- Operation check is performed
- Status for the operation is set as “dispatched.”
- System carries out midpoint scheduling
What is the need of MRP list if the stock requirement list is already given?
MRP list displays the result of the last planning run, changes that occurred between planning runs are ignored in the MRP list. While contrary to this, in the stock or requirement list all changes that occurred in the stock, issues and receipts are displayed by the system.
What are the t-codes for creating, changing and summarizing BOM?
BOM transaction codes for
- Creating BOM= CS01
- Changing BOM= CS02
- Summarized BOM=CS13
What is the use of t-code CS20 in BOM?
With t-code CS20 you can do Mass changes to BOM like
- Change the item data
- Creating new material
- Replacing it with another material