TOP Ubuntu Interview Questions and Answers
Why Ubuntu is safe and not affected by viruses?
- It does not support malicious e-mails and contents, and before any e-mail is opened by users it will go through many security checks
- Ubuntu uses Linux , which is a super secure O.S system
- Unlike other O.S, countless Linux users can see the code at any time and can fix the problem if there is any
- Generally, Malwares and viruses are coded to take advantage of weakness in Windows
What is Unity in Ubuntu ? How can you add new entries to the launcher?
In Ubuntu, Unity is the default windows manager. On left side of the Ubuntu it introduces the launcher and Dash to start programs.
In order to add new entries to the launcher you can create a file name like .desktop and then drag file on the launcher.
Whether your video card can run Unity how would you know?
When you use command /usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test-p it will give detailed output about Unity’s requirements and if they are met, then your video card can run unity.
How to enable root loging in Ubuntu?
The command which enables root loging is
#sudo sh-c ‘echo “greater-show-manual-login=true” >>/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf’
How to enable startup sound in Ubuntu?
To enable startup sound in Ubuntu
- Click control gear and then click on Startup Applications
- In the Startup Application Preferences window, click Add to add an entry
- Then fill the information in comment box like Name, Command and Comment
/usr/bin/canberra-gtk-play—id= “desktop-login”—description= “play login sound”
- Logout and then login once you are done
How you can reset Unity Configuration?
To reset the unity configuration the simplest way to do is to hit open a Terminal or hit Atl-F2 and run the command # unity –reset
How to access Terminal?
To access terminal , you have to go under Application Menu -> Accessories -> Terminal .
You can also open it with shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+T.
How you can create a folder in Ubuntu using Terminal?
To create a folder in Ubuntu, you have to use command mkdir. It will be something like these : ~$ mkdir Ubuntu_rules
How you can view the text file in Ubuntu using Terminal?
To view the text file in Ubuntu, go to the specific folder where the text files are located by using the command cd and then type less filename.txt.
How to enable curl on Ubuntu LAMP stack?
To enable curl on Ubuntu , first install libcurl, once done use following command sudo/etc/init .d /apache2 restart or sudo service apache2 restart.
How you can find a file in Ubuntu using Terminal?
To find a file in Ubuntu you have to use command, find . –name “process.txt” . It will look for the current directory for a file called process.txt.
What is the quicker way to open an Ubuntu terminal in a particular directory?
To open Ubuntu terminal in a particular directory you can use custom keyboard short cut. To do that, in the command field of a new custom keyboard , type genome – terminal – – working – directory = /path/to/dir.